Adds RSS feed widget.
Easily show RSS feeds from other web sites or your own forum.
- Download Andy-RSSFeed-1.7.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/RSSFeed directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
Normally you set the following two user groups to Yes.
Unregistered / Unconfirmed
To add a RSS feed widget in the sidebar do the following:
- Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets
- Add widget
- Select RSS feed and Add widget
- Enter the following:
Title = leave blank
Display in positions = Forum list: Sidebar
Questions and Answers:
Q: I updated the Options page but my changes don't show in the widget.
A: The widget is update by Cron Entries every 10 minutes.
Q: Why are feed images removed by this add-on?
A: This is done in order to allow truncating the description length safely.
Q: Can I add more than one RSS feed source?
A: No. This add-on will only support one RSS feed widget.
This add-on creates a table called xf_andy_rss_feed in your database.