Support Thread Upvotes

SaveTheWest

Registered
Our forum recently upgraded from XF 1.5 to XF 2.2.

One of the features we would like to add is upvoting/likes to the thread, which can be seen from the forum (and which you don't have to go into the thread to see). Something like StackExchange or Reddit style (without 'sorting' by the most popular threads).

We haven't been able to find an add-on to do this yet.

Does anyone know of a solution to this? An existing add-on or relatively simple way to implement it via some code?

Alternatively, we had a work-around in mind. We could change either the Replies counter or Views counter to be an Upvote counter (based on the # of upvotes for the thread OP's first comment), OR, simply have all three (Replies, Views, & Upvotes).

See here for visualization:
6l5njb.png

I haven't been able to locate the back-end code where this is handled for XF 2.2. If someone could kindly point me to where that is (such as Admin -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_view), it would be much appreciated.

Marks-Man

Loyal Member
In default XenForo we already have number of answers and views count, but unfortunately there is no upvotes counter yet for total number of replies.

You want to add number of votes count?

SaveTheWest

Registered
Then we will have to check v1.5.
Tomorrow I will check templates, maybe it is implemented and not included in template 😐
Thank you

In XF 1.5, it is more like the StackExchange or Reddit style, where the thread likes is the Left (or Right) of the thread, and not included near the View & Reply counter.

And it was done through an add-on called:
[TH] Thread Likes

• Tags
    like likes thread threads upvote voting
  • Back
    Top Bottom