IPS Suite how to make .zip app file install to IPB forum?

master963

Registered
Hello,

I couldn't manage to add applications to my system as you described in the topics below. I can upload .tar or .xml files from the panel, but the system doesn't accept .zip files like the one you shared. When I upload the files extracted from the .zip via FTP into the script, it appears as "upload" at the bottom of the admin panel, but it gives an error and doesn't upload.

How can I upload the files extracted from the .zip?
I downloaded the plugin for this issue, and it comes with a .zip file. How do I add this application to my forum?

Solution
Hello,

I couldn't manage to add applications to my system as you described in the topics below. I can upload .tar or .xml files from the panel, but the system doesn't accept .zip files like the one you shared. When I upload the files extracted from the .zip via FTP into the script, it appears as "upload" at the bottom of the admin panel, but it gives an error and doesn't upload.

I downloaded the plugin for this issue, and it comes with a .zip file. How do I add this application to my forum?
not 100% sure what you mean, If you are trying to upload a zipped file to your web hosting.

1. Lets say you want to...

clive

Loyal Member
Hello,

not 100% sure what you mean, If you are trying to upload a zipped file to your web hosting.

1. Lets say you want to upload IPS suite to your web hosting to install, you may need to use ZIP in winRaR not the rar - select ZIP then re-pack and upload.

2. If you want to add a rar file to your IPB forum you will need to make sure you can upload and forum will except rar format.
Do not ask, as I do not know where to add rar format for IPS forum to accept, have not used ips for years now. In xenforo you need to add extra formats like rar, flac etc

3. Or as said you may need to add permission(s) to which group you belong to. And remember file size maybe limited for file uploads.

4. If you want to add a add-on Simply unpack it and upload the content to the correct folder(s) at your forum then go to your add-ons and install it. YT add your plug-in (add-on)

Hope this help

Solution
  • Tags
    ipb plugin install
  • Back
    Top Bottom