General Discussion Interactions in forum

DarKMaSK

Loyal Member
For last couple of months, I am seeing that interactions in the forum have become lesser. Yes, I know, everybody has to work to earn bread and butter. Me also. But why the forum would be neglected? Can't we come here and reply for once in a day? May be, may be not.... I don't know. But I feel sad when I see a forum full of daily interactions, full of life becomes so silent that it reminds me of a deserted house. ☹️😞

Jacee

Registered
For last couple of months, I am seeing that interactions in the forum have become lesser. Yes, I know, everybody has to work to earn bread and butter. Me also. But why the forum would be neglected? Can't we come here and reply for once in a day? May be, may be not.... I don't know. But I feel sad when I see a forum full of daily interactions, full of life becomes so silent that it reminds me of a deserted house. ☹️😞
you should make discord server

DarKMaSK

Loyal Member
you should make discord server
Discord server cannot replace a forum. Forum is a much larger concept whereas Discord server is only for chatting which I am not very fond of. Those, who has all the time in the world, they will be delighted about Discord but those, who are busy, either they don't use Discord at all because they don't have that time or if they are in administration of a server, they use IRC. Discord is fancy, no doubt, but its tracking... I don't like it. In case of IRC, it is very simple, but very useful with no tracking. FYI, all these chatting server, chat client, chat room... all of these came from IRC. In the core, they are actually IRC, only much fancier and devouring bandwidth. If you can had only a 56kbps modem, you would be good for chatting in IRC. IRC takes that little bandwidth.

Marks-Man

Loyal Member
Unfortunately that's the case because users just download and leave, no kind of support is shown and it is obvious.
some new features should be added to the forum.

DarKMaSK

Loyal Member
@Marks-Man & @XenForo In my opinion, it would be good to put some restrictions on download criteria like minimum 10 posts to download anything and users must have to reply (not spamming) in a resource thread before downloading that resource. Reply criteria should be minimum 20 characters. Moderation should be strict about spamming. Minimum waiting period, like 15 days or 30 days from joining, to see the download links can be added . 30 days from joining + 10 or 15 posts can also be merged together as downloading criteria. I think we should take a poll on this. I am also calling @En1gma , @AynazRahimi , @kutaz and to all other staffs, loyal members and trusted uploaders whom I could not tag (sorry for that) to share their valuable opinion on this matter.
Update: We can add a chat system here also if it does not eat much server resources. But the chat system should be in a separate page and should not show in every page. I think in that way it would be take less resource.

Back
Top Bottom