Support Need help with exclusive Dark and Light style

wehawef

Registered
hello everyone out here,
i am facing some issues with exclusive dark and light styles and i have tried everything at my level...since i am new to xenforo, i hardly can get to codes....

to start with the issue
1) updating a theme without losing the customization
i am using xenforo 2.2.4 with exclusive dark 2.2.4 and exclusive light 2.1.7....i want to update the styles to 2.2.6.1 downloaded from xnforo.ir , but also don't want to lose all the manual customization i did in earlier versions....
UPVOTE SYSTEM - i tried to create a new style using 2.2.6.1 xml file and the vote system works fine (Though i lose all the customization with it)..but i don't want to lose the customizations
I tried the solutions found on internet like making the main theme and setting a child theme etc..but no success with it yet....

2) Background shapes
while i was using exclusive dark 2.1.7 the background shapes were working fine..but since 2.2.4 (also in 2.2.6.1) the shape are not working instead only file names are moving

2021-07-2h5.png

2021-07-25.png

And
3) this is not a issue but i want help with custom username style like xnforo, the usernames with glitter effects and icon rolling etc...i have no knowledge about CSS

Last edited:

En1gma

Loyal Member
hello everyone out here,
i am facing some issues with exclusive dark and light styles and i have tried everything at my level...since i am new to xenforo, i hardly can get to codes....

to start with the issue
1) updating a theme without losing the customization
i am using xenforo 2.2.4 with exclusive dark 2.2.4 and exclusive light 2.1.7....i want to update the styles to 2.2.6.1 downloaded from xnforo.ir , but also don't want to lose all the manual customization i did in earlier versions....
UPVOTE SYSTEM - i tried to create a new style using 2.2.6.1 xml file and the vote system works fine (Though i lose all the customization with it)..but i don't want to lose the customizations
I tried the solutions found on internet like making the main theme and setting a child theme etc..but no success with it yet....
For future ref..
When installing a style that you intend to modifications to, its best to install the style again as a child of the original.
Then do your modifications in the child style.
This way when you need to install a style version update you only update the master version ( sometimes marked as do not alter ).
The child style then picks up the update without loss to your modifications (99%) of the time, unless they change roots for images in the update.
Regards.

wehawef

Registered
Background shapes

how can i change Background shapes,not working please explain'
Sorry for not being active so long, i was in a complete mess this days.
coming to the topic, what issue are you facing? if possible share your site url
is it background shape showing only shapes name like shape2 nd rotating?

Back
Top Bottom