General Discussion web hosting guidance? advice needed

clive

Loyal Member
Hi all, I need web hosting guidance? advice - information. I am thinking of xenforo licence for music forum and ask if anyone has hosting XF at Hetzner.

The 2 web hosting packages i am interested in: web hosting Level 4
Is level 4 any good? It has NVMe SSD so guess it will be pretty quick. But has anyone had this hosting was it any good?
or
cloud cx11
Has anyone run XF 2.2.x on Cloud cx11 ? was it any good and does it come with a cPanel ready to install XF?
I do not want to spend mega bucks and really need something cPanel ready.

I have had web hosting before few years ago on a simple HDD shared hosting with cPanel, but was slow. Not after VPS etc just yet. So something pretty quick with a control panel.
Or maybe interested in offshore shared hosting with NVMe / SSD
Thanks for reading my post.

ianw6666

Registered
You need to have knowledge about maintaining a linux VPS and how to keep it secure, as well as how to install software like Cpanel which is extremely expensive nowadays for personal VPS server. If it is a new forum with little traffic, it is best to start on shared hosting until your forum outgrows it, then start thinking about VPS. As to your previous 'slow' shared hoster, they are not all like that, you may need to read reviews on webmaster forums to find a host that does not over sell, even if you have to pay a bit more. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom