XenForo Ultimate Guide to Faster + Responsive Forum [Minify+Htaccess+Cache+Phone+FA5]

ThanosCrax

Loyal Member
I do not recommend using Cloudflare compression, the other day I decided to test Cloudflare compression using their Brotli, I was surprised, I do not know why they do this, maybe they save their resource, although they should not have problems with it, their compression does not work at full, even my gzip compresses better than their "configured" Brotli, although brotli is a very powerful compression tool. So be aware that using Brotli Cloudflare compression, you lose the speed of your site.
Cant say why Brotli didnt preform well though ill test it using my gzip and see if its better
imagedcc547742d7c6ade.md.png

ThanosCrax

Loyal Member
I do not recommend using Cloudflare compression, the other day I decided to test Cloudflare compression using their Brotli, I was surprised, I do not know why they do this, maybe they save their resource, although they should not have problems with it, their compression does not work at full, even my gzip compresses better than their "configured" Brotli, although brotli is a very powerful compression tool. So be aware that using Brotli Cloudflare compression, you lose the speed of your site.
OK I've done my test on both with and without brotli

SO
BROTLI:

image1d2c07e74db4734a.md.png
LINK: WebPageTest Test Result - Stockholm : crax.tube - 08/21/21 04:37:55

GZIP:

image6179bfbac9c58d82.md.png
LINK: WebPageTest Test Result - Stockholm : crax.tube/ - 08/21/21 04:40:19

You can see Brotli loads the page more faster than the one with just gzip

Marks-Man

Loyal Member

killme

Registered
OK I've done my test on both with and without brotli

SO
BROTLI:

image1d2c07e74db4734a.md.png
LINK: WebPageTest Test Result - Stockholm : crax.tube - 08/21/21 04:37:55

GZIP:

image6179bfbac9c58d82.md.png
LINK: WebPageTest Test Result - Stockholm : crax.tube/ - 08/21/21 04:40:19

You can see Brotli loads the page more faster than the one with just gzip
I am writing to you that Brotli cloudflare is not configured for all features, I tested my configured Brotli on vds, and also tested Brotli cloudflare, very different indicators, after I decided to disable brotli and test it only with gzip, it turned out that my configured gzip compresses better than Brotli cloudflare. If you have your own vds, it is better to use your own Brotli, and even better to make a bundle of Brotli+Gzip.
Performance might differ on free, pro, .. etc plans
I think so too.

Marks-Man

Loyal Member
I am writing to you that Brotli cloudflare is not configured for all features, I tested my configured Brotli on vds, and also tested Brotli cloudflare, very different indicators, after I decided to disable brotli and test it only with gzip, it turned out that my configured gzip compresses better than Brotli cloudflare. If you have your own vds, it is better to use your own Brotli, and even better to make a bundle of Brotli+Gzip.

I think so too.
100% I agree

Back
Top Bottom